Coral Temple - One of the few working Jewish buildings left in Bucharest. Built in 1857, the red brick temple still serves the now-tiny Jewish community of Bucharest and has a memorial at the front (visible from the street) that commemorates the Romanian Jews sent to their deaths during the Holocaust.
Jewish History Museum - Separate exhibitions display how the once vibrant Jewish community of Bucharest used to live. Housed in an old synagogue built in 1850, the main display is, in fact, a sculpture that mourns the 350,000 Romanian Jews sent to their deaths at Auschwitz in 1944 and 1945 (Nobel prize-winning writer Elie Wiesel was one of the few survivors of this late deportation).
Jewish Cemetery - Fascinating cemetery full of monuments for those who died during Romanian’s pogroms and the Holocaust.
Duration: 3 hours; Departure place: your hotel
Services included: guiding, transportation, entrance fees
Choral Temple, Bucharest
Discover the forgotten Jewish neighbourhood of Bucharest, and its stories of sorrow and joy, as you embark on this 3-hour walking tour which will take you through:
• the lively streets once inhabited by Ashkenazi Jews
• abandoned & restored synagogues
• the astonishing Choral Temple (see insides, as well)
• the former Sephardic neighbourhood
• Jews during the Romanian Holocaust
• the birth of the Yiddish theatre in Romania
• the emigration of Jews during the Communist regime
• the demolition of the Jewish architectural heritage during the Communist regime
• famous Romanian Jews and their legacy
- 2 persons for €38.80 each
- 3 persons for €36.00 each
- 4 persons for €30.00 each
- 5 persons for €26.80 each
- 6 persons for €24.80 each
Transport by car/minibus, fuel & parking fees included
English speaking guide/driver
Meals (approx. 10 Euro/person/meal).
Video and photo fees.
GENERAL INFORMATION & TERMS:
We kindly request our guests to be ready 10 minutes before departure
We grant a 30% discount for children below the age of 7
All tours are escorted by English speaking licensed guides.
For guided tours in other languages, a booking should be made 72h before departure. Extra fee for tours in other languages: 25 EUR/per/tour.